Arogunmati omoyeni is a Painter who hails from Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. Her love for the arts started from Childhood, this encouraged her to study Fine art at the Polytechnic of ibadan, Nigeria. Omoyeni’s style of painting can be termed Impressionism Abstract- this is evident in her rendition of abstract figures, line, painting facial emotion forms with beautiful brush lines strokes mostly in oil, Acrylic and watercolor, on canvases and Paper.
For Omoyeni, her harsh lines allude to the demarcation of access, suggesting the separation of people through physical borders and walls and she also incorporates elements of minimalism and abstraction to create an oeuvre that is distinctly current, and as witty as it is macabre. Omoyeni’s painting focuses on the beauty of African women. She is Fascinated by what she sees and feel around her.
Omoyeni has parcipated in several major exhibition including:
- l can draw exhibition 2018 Abuja Nigeria..
- “Destiny” Alexis gallery, Lagos Nigeria.
- “Strength of a women” 2019.Terraculture gallery Lagos Nigeria.
- Oreze art exhibition 2019 anambra state, Nigeria
- October Rain 2019… lagos Nigeria.
- Glitz, Glamour and explore art exhibition, Organized by the Embassy of Hungary trade office, Lagos.(2019)
- Each for Equal Art Exhibition, British high commission residence, Lagos 2020.
- ART IN QUARANTINE Lisbon, Portugal 2020.
- ART AN ESSENTIAL NEED, Dubai. 2020.
- Arogunmati received First Winner Award Prize at the ART GARDEN, organized by the Embassy. of Hungary Trade office in Lagos, 2019.
- She was a finalist winner at the Global Art Awards “They create Nigeria women in Art” Competition for painting Organized by the Embassy of Spain in Abuja.. (2019).
- Arogunmatii also received letter of recommendation from the Consulate General of Brazil in lagos, 2020.
- Arogunmatii is a consummate Professional Artist she also represent Nigeria 🇳🇬 at the MEADOWS & UNESCO Art Exhibition- Mask Art against covid-19. In Beirut Lebanon 2020.
- She is also a member of Society of Nigeria Artist (SNA) in Nigeria 🇳🇬.
My paintings are reflection of thought and activities within me, every stroke is an emotive action geared toward making the world a better place.
“Culture” Consolate Embassy of Brazil 2019 Lagos Nigeria.